NeuroCalm™ 60 capsules
Please Log In for Price and Technical Resources
NeuroCalm™ is designed to promote activity of GABA and serotonin, which may help support healthy mood, cravings, and feelings of calm, satiety, and satisfaction.* NeuroCalm™ contains PharmaGABA™, a form of GABA naturally manufactured via a fermentation process, which is considered more effective than chemically produced synthetic forms. Support for the production of calming neurotransmitters is also provided by L-theanine and taurine.
- Additional Info
- Indications and Contraindications
A formulary blend of nutrients designed to support calming brain activity
NeuroCalm™ promotes activity of GABA and serotonin; may help improve mood, reduce cravings, and support greater feelings of calm, satiety, and satisfaction.
Key ingredients include:
Who Should Take NeuroCalm™?
- PharmaGABA™, a new form of GABA naturally manufactured via a fermentation process and considered more effective than other traditional, chemically produced synthetic forms
- L-theanine - clinically proven to help reduce stress and improve the quality of sleep
- German chamomile - anxiety-reducing, without impairing memory, diminishing motor skills or causing drowsiness. It is reported to promote calmness in a way similar to benzodiazepines, but without the overt side-effects of these medications.
- 5-HTP - precursor to serotonin, an important calming neurotransmitter known as "the feel-good hormone." In the central nervous system, serotonin has been implicated in the regulation of sleep, depression, anxiety, aggression, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation.
- Pyridoxyl-5-phospate (P5P) and vitamin B12 – to help with conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin
- Phosphatidyl serine (PS) and inositol - for supporting proper neuron membrane structure for maximum membrane fluidity, receptor function, and response to neurotransmitters, hormones, and cell-signaling compounds
- Fully chelated magnesium-glycinate - involved in proper nerve transmission, muscular contraction/relaxation, and general relaxation responses
NeuroCalm™ should be considered for patients with increased levels of stress and anxiety, individuals who are easily agitated and frustrated, those with documented deficiencies in the neurotransmitters supported by NeuroCalm™, and anyone with chronic global pain conditions.
Plants and the central nervous system. Carlini EA. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2003 Jun;75(3):501-12. PMID: 12895668
Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Kimura K, Ozeki M, Juneja LR, Ohira H. Biol Psychol. 2007 Jan;74(1):39-45. PMID: 16930802
Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor. Birdsall TC. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aug;3(4):271-80. PMID: 9727088
Review of phosphatidylserine pharmacological and clinical effects. Is phosphatidylserine a drug for the ageing brain?Pepeu G, Pepeu IM, Amaducci L. Pharmacol Res. 1996 Feb;33(2):73-80. PMID: 8870022
Take 2 capsules one to two times daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
5-HTP may not be suitable to administer along with SSRI and MAOI medications without clinical and laboratory monitoring. Please discuss this with your health care provider before using NeuroCalm™ with any of those medication classes.
NOTICE: Color, size or shape may appear different between lots.
STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Does not contain gluten.
Magnesium (TRAACS® Magnesium Glycinate Chelate Buffered) 75 mg, Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxyl-5-Phosphate) 2.5 mg, Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 1000 mcg, Inositol 400 mg, Taurine 300 mg, German Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) [standardized to contain 1.2% apigenin] 200 mg, Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (as PharmaGABA™) 100 mg, L-Theanine 100 mg, 5-HTP 50 mg, Phosphatidyl Serine 50 mg
Microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, vegetable stearate.